Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- butter lettuce leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 large orange, peeled/sliced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup jicama, peeled, julienned
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, Minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Line plates with lettuce.
- Tob with orange slices.
- Mound with jicama.
- Sprinkle with chopped red onion.
- Blend juice, vinegar, salt & pepper in small bowl.
- Whisk in oil in thin stream.
- Spoon over salads. garnish with minced cilantro.
I liked this very much, but my wife was not thrilled with it. I have eaten jicama before on salad bars and loved it but was never able to find out what it was...now I know.
I didn't have cilantro so used fresh basil instead. This salad went down very well with the family including my toddler who loved the jicama to my surprise.