- 2 heads romaine lettuce or 2 heads butter lettuce, tear into long shreds
- 1⁄4 large jicama, julienned
- 4 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 8 radishes, sliced or cut into flowers
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- On 8 individual salad plates, arrange a bed of shredded lettuce.
- Sprinkle the jicama on top.
- Arrange about 5 orange sections in a flower pattern on top of each.
- Sprinkle with the chopped red onion.
- Put a radish in the center of each salad.
- In a small, tightly lidded jar, combine the oil, orange juice, chili powder, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Shake to blend well.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over each salad just before serving.