Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 heads romaine lettuce or 2 heads butter lettuce, tear into long shreds
- 1⁄4 large jicama, julienned
- 4 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 8 radishes, sliced or cut into flowers
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- On 8 individual salad plates, arrange a bed of shredded lettuce.
- Sprinkle the jicama on top.
- Arrange about 5 orange sections in a flower pattern on top of each.
- Sprinkle with the chopped red onion.
- Put a radish in the center of each salad.
- In a small, tightly lidded jar, combine the oil, orange juice, chili powder, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Shake to blend well.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over each salad just before serving.
Yum! My husband is leery of trying anything new but, he didn't know I had slipped jicama in other things he liked. :) I doubled the dressing, cut the oranges into small pieces and thinly sliced the radishes. It is really great and a refreshing salad to have on hot days (when we finally get them). My husband wants it again tonight so that counts as 5 stars at least in my book. Thanks Dancer for such a wonderful recipe!
Very refreshing colorful salad - Perfect for a warm day luncheon. Love the orange & onion together Thanks Dancer for yet another lovely recipe
This is delicious! I used butter lettuce for this recipe. Very refreshing and light. Great flavor combinations. I will definitely make this again.