1/1 Photo of Orange Jelly Marmalade
41 hrs 10 mins
If you like marmalade, then you will love this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve the fruit and squeeze out the juice into a pan, reserving the pips. Remove the pith from enough rind to give 60g (2oz) rind from each 500g (1lb) fruit. Shred this finely and place on a square of muslin with the pips and tie loosely. Add to the pan. Cut up the remaining pith and rind and add to the pan with the lemon juice and water.
- 2Bring to boil and simmer for about 2 hours: remove the muslin bag after 1 and 1/2 hours to prevent the rind becoming to soft; keep this on the side.
- 3Strain through a jelly bag and test the juice for pectin: it should form a firm clot. Put into a pan and add the sugar.
- 4(warm the sugar first) and the strips of rind, (not pips) from the muslin bag.
- 5Heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then bring to boil and boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
- 6Remove from the heat, skin off any scum, and leave to stand for a few minutes. Stir again and pour into hot sterilized jars. Put in the waxed discs and cover when cold.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Jelly Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (5018 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3346.8
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 861.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 799.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g