Recipe by Witch Doctor
Jelly is delicious dessert for any occasion. Jelly is very refreshing and light, so it will be a wonderful completion of your dinner.
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiled water, plus
- 9 tablespoons cold boiled water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour cold boiled water over gelatin (1 part gelatin: 9 parts water) in a small saucepan. Leave for 40-60 minutes and then warm up on a very low heat, don't bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Peel orange and chop the peel finely, sprinkle with sugar and set aside for a half an hour. Remove the sections from the orange and set aside.
- Put the rest of sugar in the pan, add 1 1/2 cup water and bring to boil.
- Add gelatin mixture to syrup and the finely chopped orange peel.
- Stirring syrup regularly with a spoon, bring to boil on low heat and add the orange juice.
- Strain syrup, cool down and pour half into molds. Let congeal, then put the orange sections on top and pour the other half of the syrup over the orange sections.