Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
easy and delicious and it does taste like baby aspirin. Cook time is chill time
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Drain mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in large mixing bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Cover and chill overnight.
Haven't seen this recipe in print for quite awhile. Sometimes I wonder why it is named "salad" because it tastes more like a dessert. To cut back on the sweetness suggest you use unsweetened manarins and add 2 tbls. fresh lemon juice to the jello. Does make a difference.
I have been looking for a salad like this for months now! This was was ALMOST exactly what I wanted... it was just a little sweet for me. Very refreshing and made for a great light snack or dessert. I loved the flavor of the orange jello with the marshmallows... the crunch of the walnuts really gave the salad some texture. Loved it, but I will try tweaking it to see if I can reduce the sweetness just a tad! Thanks so much for sharing!
Made on several occasions and always a hit.I do leave out the walnuts however.