Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my grandmothers ( I call her Nanny) recipes. If you like orange cake you will love this one! Has an orange glaze over top instead of an icing! Delicious!!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (1/3 ounce) orange Jell-O (the small box)
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons orange flavoring
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- orange juice (enough to make into glaze consistency)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve jello in the hot water; let cool, but not thicken.
- Mix together cake mix, oil, orange flavoring, 3 eggs. Add the orange jello mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into sprayed 9 X 13 inch cake pan and bake at 350 degrees 25-30 minutes or until done.
- While cake is baking, combine 2 cups of powdered sugar and enough orange juice to form a glaze. (I'd say 1-3 tablespoons of orange juice). Just make sure you add it slowly!
- Pour glaze over cake after removing from the oven.