Recipe by kstrating
A little tang, a little jalapeno flavor, mostly just yum. (really NOT spicy-hot) Visually, is a pale orange with beautiful bits of green & red floating in it.
- 177.44 ml chopped red bell pepper
- 177.44 ml chopped green pepper
- 78.07 ml chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 650.62 ml sugar
- 4 medium oranges, juice of
- zest from 4 medium orange
- 1 medium lemon, juice of
- zest from 1 medium lemon
- 1182.95 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml baking soda
- 170.09 g liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop peppers fine mince in food processor.
- Add to water, bring to boil, simmer 3 - 4 minutes.
- Strain & set water aside, reserve about 1/4 of the peppers.
- Combine the 2 3/4 C sugar, the reserved peppers, lime juice, wine vinegar, and enough of the pepper-water to equal 3 C (may add more water if needed to bring it to 3 C).
- Combine the orange and lemon juices + their zest, 1 1/2 C Water, 5 C sugar, and the baking soda in a sauce pan and boil 5 minutes. (end result needs to be 3 C, so if needed, add water, here, as well).
- Combine all, EXCEPT pectin.
- Bring to rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Quickly add pectin, bring back to boil; skim any foam, turn off heat.
- Fill jars leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Wipe jar rims, adjust lids.
- Process 5 minutes in boiling water canner.
- Remove to cool.
- Preparation time is a guess, but should give you plenty of wiggle room.