Prep 5 mins
Cook 168 hrs
I am storing this here for safekeeping. This is from a Cooking Channel recipe, from a show called French Food at Home, which stars Laura Calder. It's from the channel's list of best brunch beverages, and I can't wait to try it!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine
- 1 medium orange (organic)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 8 coriander seeds (optional)
- Open the wine. Pour out 1/2 cup to enjoy while you carry on with the recipe. (This is not greed; a bit has to come out or the bottle with overflow when you add the other ingredients.).
- Shave the zest from the orange with a vegetable peeler. Remove every trace of bitter white pith from the back with a sharp knife. Poke the orange zest into the bottle of wine.
- Funnel in the sugar. Drop in the coriander seeds, if using.
- Recork the bottle. Turn it upside down and right side up a few times until the sugar has dissolved.
- Refrigerate for 1 week, giving the wine a shake once a day.
- Strain the wine into a carafe and serve well-chilled as an aperitif.