Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tired of $4 coffee drinks? Me, too! I came up with this easy recipe that works well for me. Mix this recipe in a 20 oz. sip bottle (water bottle with straw), then you're good to go to school or work! You can try different flavors of creamer and leave out the extract or try different extracts. You can also adjust any of the ingredients to suit your taste.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 6 tablespoons french french vanilla liquid coffee creamer (I use Coffee Mate or you can try Copycat French Vanilla Liquid Coffee Creamer)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate milk (I use Nesquick fortified extra calcium)
- 1 cup milk (non-fat will help thin choc. milk)
- 6 -8 drops orange extract (or to taste)
- ice cube
- canned extra creamy whipped cream
- In a 20 oz glass or bottle, mix coffee and water until coffee is dissolved.
- Add creamer, chocolate milk, milk and extract.
- Add just enough ice cubes to leave enough room at top for whipped cream.
- Top with whipped cream.
What a great coffee treat! I had some brewed coffee made so used that, otherwise made as directed. I served this at breakfast so left off the whipped cream. Loved the orange/chocolate combo - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010
I sipped half of this drink while it was still hot as it was so tasty that I couldn't stop sipping. But I have to say, it is quite a treat served as an iced mocha. As the previous reviewer stated, the combination of orange and chocolate together made this very yummy.
This is very easy to put together and quite tasty! The whipped cream will be optional for me next time, as I usually don't get the whipped cream in the coffee house. Love orange, chocolate and coffee together. I am going to try this hot also! Made for Spring 2009 PAC.