Recipe by Lizzymommy
A classic flavor combination, these are the best cranberry cookies I've ever had! The orange icing makes them absolutely perfect! These go on our Holiday Cookie Trays every year.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Add egg, orange peel, and orange juice, mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients, mixing only until combined.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, on a cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, and then cool on a rack about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir all icing ingredients until smooth. Frost cookies. I like to put the icing into a small ziploc bag, snip off the corner, and pipe spirals onto the cookies.