Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A classic flavor combination, these are the best cranberry cookies I've ever had! The orange icing makes them absolutely perfect! These go on our Holiday Cookie Trays every year.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Add egg, orange peel, and orange juice, mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients, mixing only until combined.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, on a cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, and then cool on a rack about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir all icing ingredients until smooth. Frost cookies. I like to put the icing into a small ziploc bag, snip off the corner, and pipe spirals onto the cookies.
These cookies are really different and very delicious. They make a nice diversion on the cookie tray: a bit less sweet, with a lovely flavor.
These cookies are delicious. I did not add the nuts, but I don't miss them. There are so many great flavors going on in these cookies. The icing was kinda sweet. I ended up adding softened butter to make it a buttercream frosting flavored with the orange. That was very good. I made these much smaller, 2 bite size, using my 1 5/8" cookie scoop. My biggest tip would be to make sure the cranberries are chopped well. Some of them weren't and the cookie kinda came apart at that spot. This is all user error, and not against the recipe at all. I highly recommend these cookies to others and I think they will be on my Christmas tray next year. Made and Reviewed for New Kid on The Block tag - Thanks! :)