Be sure to use a large plate, as some of the custard is likely to "escape". . . For the cake I use my Orange Sponge Tube Cake (recipe 75431)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg yolks in the top of a double boiler.
- 2Blend sugar, peel and corn starch; add to egg yolks.
- 3Stir in orange juice.
- 4Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until thick.
- 5Allow mixture to cool.
- 6Beat egg whites and cream TOGETHER until soft peaks form.
- 7Fold into cooled orange mixture Slice cake into two layers.
- 8Place bottom layer on large serving plate.
- 9Spread 1/2 of the custard onto the bottom layer.
- 10Place the other layer on top of the custard and top with remaining custard.
- 11Refrigerate overnight.
- 12While cake is chilling, some custard may"escape" from the middle- just spoon in back on the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Icebox Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2974.9
- Calories from Fat 1122
- Total Fat 124.7 g
- Saturated Fat 70.2 g
- Cholesterol 1388.1 mg
- Sodium 1474.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 422.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 289.1 g
- Protein 49.5 g