Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh oranges and cream flavor this delightful yet light no cook desert. Perfect for parties, showers, family gatherings and potlucks - and you can make it the day before.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh orange section
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 lb miniature marshmallow
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 dozen ladyfingers or 2 dozen sliced sponge cakes
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream, whipped
- shredded coconut
- Combine sugar and water, bring to a boil and cook until it thickens to a syrup.
- Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup of water, stir into syrup and cool.
- Stir fruit and juices into the cooled mixture.
- Add marshmallows and 1 pint of cream to a chilled bowl, beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream and pecans into fruit mixture.
- Line a large angel food or tube pan with waxed paper.
- Line the prepared pan with lady fingers, spoon in the fruit cream mixture, cover and chill 4-5 hours or overnight.
- To serve, unmold the cake on a serving plate, frost with whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut.