Recipe by Baby Kato
Summer is coming and its time to start looking for new and unique drinks to try. Here's a twist on an old favourite. You can also use Meyer lemon or ruby red grapefruit juice with this recipe. (Also you could substitute the juice for your favourite lemon, orange or grapefruit liqueur or soda).
- 6 tablespoons blood orange juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon orange juice, for rimming
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar, white for rimming
- 2⁄3-1 cup club soda
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla ice cream, large scoop
- 1 orange slice, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub orange juice on the edge of glass and then place the glass in white sugar to rim glass.
- Set the prepared glass in freezer to chill until needed.
- Next dissolve the 4 tsps of sugar in 6 tbsp of orange juice.
- Pour the orange mixture into the prepared glass.
- Add the club soda and top with ice cream.
- Pour the remaining orange juice and sugar (if any - from rimming the glass) over the ice cream and garnish glass with an orange slice.
- Serve with a straw and a spoon, enjoy immediately.
- *Please use the same measurements for liqueurs as for juice.
- * If using sodas instead of juice or liqueurs, please substitute the club soda with your preferred soda, (lemon, orange or grapefruit).