Great for gifts or just on a cold winters night.
Make and share this Orange Hot Chocolate Mix in a Bag recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons powdered coffee creamer
- 2 tablespoons powdered orange drink mix (such as Tang)
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered instant chocolate drink mix (such as Nestle Quick)
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients together and blend well.
- Store in a small baggie or a small jar.
- Attach a gift tag with these directions:.
- Orange Hot Chocolate.
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons Orange Hot Chocolate Mix.
- 8 ounces (1 cup) hot milk.
- Marshmallows or whipped cream (optional).
- Place the orange hot chocolate mixture in a mug. Pour hot milk over the mixture. Stir until the mix is completely dissolved. If desired, garnish with marshmallows or whipped cream.
Okay, well, when I stirred this up, it created a phlegmy film at the top. To be honest, I am not sure what kind of creamer I was using, since I got it out of the bulk bins at WinCo (ie: no labels) so it may be non-dairy, or maybe it IS dairy, and that reacted badly with the Tang. In any case, the taste was great, and my 6-year-old son loved it. I am going to try an orange chocolate iced blended drink with it tomorrow and see if it was the heat that was my problem.