Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is our favorite way to serve sweet potatoes for the holidays. You can even spoon the delicious mixture into hollowed out orange shells for a beautiful, individual serving presentation.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- orange zest
- Roast the sweet potatoes at 400 degrees F for about one hour depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan, stirring to blend and heat thoroughly.
- Spoon out the sweet potato from the skins into a large bowl.
- Add the hot liquid to the potatoes and whip together.
- Serve immediately, or place in a casserole to be reheated and served later.
Other than scaling for 2 servings, I followed the recipe exactly. Due to dietary restrictions, I only had a teeny portion - but it was good & I wanted more! Thanx Geema!