Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Having just started to eat salmon, I've scoured the web, cookbooks, magazines and friends recipe boxes for marinade recipes. This one is THE one that we like the very best. I found it somewhere on the web(not sure where) and tweaked it just a tad to suit our tastes.
- 78.07 ml orange juice
- 78.07 ml light soy sauce
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 44.37 ml ketchup
- 7.39 ml honey
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 453.59-680.38 g salmon steaks or 453.59-680.38 g salmon fillet
- Mix first eight ingredients in a glass dish.
- I lightly slash the tops of the filets to allow the marinade to penetrate the fish better. Add salmon, turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Drain salmon, reserving marinade.
- Grill for 5 minutes, brush with marinade, turn and grill other side for 5 more minutes. Continue until salmon flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Can also be done under the broiler.
I made this recipe because the reviews seemed to boast it up so highly. However, I was extremely disappointed by the taste. I eat fish all the time, and I was looking for something a little different. I thought this would be a sweet and tangy marinade, but it ended up tasting like fish that had been soaking in orange juice. Total lack of flavor; I will not make this again.
Delicious! My son wanted to drink the sauce-lol! I had a 2 pound salmon fillet and I seasoned it with black pepper and a citrus wasabi rub first. I pierced the fish with a fork several times so the marinade could penetrate the fish better. I used 3 teapoons of honey because we like it sweet and I used 1 tablespoon fresh grated gingerroot. I marinaded it about 2 hours , then I used heavy duty foil and made a packet for my fish, poured some of the marinade on top of the fish along with some little pats of butter and wrapped it up in a couple layers of foil and cooked it on my gas grill about 15 minutes, turning it over half-way through. Delcious and I will use this alot this summer. I served it with steamed jasmine rice and stir-fry veggetables w/ asparagus. Thanks!
This dish was absolutely delicious. I made a glaze with some orange juice, soy sauce, honey and garlic then reduced it by half and brushed it on after the salmon was cooked. SOOOOO GOOOD. I don't think I've had salmon this good from a resteraunt.