Recipe by mickie49
Having just started to eat salmon, I've scoured the web, cookbooks, magazines and friends recipe boxes for marinade recipes. This one is THE one that we like the very best. I found it somewhere on the web(not sure where) and tweaked it just a tad to suit our tastes.
Top Review by littlebunnie_
I made this recipe because the reviews seemed to boast it up so highly. However, I was extremely disappointed by the taste. I eat fish all the time, and I was looking for something a little different. I thought this would be a sweet and tangy marinade, but it ended up tasting like fish that had been soaking in orange juice. Total lack of flavor; I will not make this again.
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb salmon steaks or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb salmon fillet
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first eight ingredients in a glass dish.
- I lightly slash the tops of the filets to allow the marinade to penetrate the fish better. Add salmon, turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Drain salmon, reserving marinade.
- Grill for 5 minutes, brush with marinade, turn and grill other side for 5 more minutes. Continue until salmon flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Can also be done under the broiler.