Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sweet citrus marinade for chicken breasts or other meat. From "Lean and Lovin' It".
Make and share this Orange Honey Marinade recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml orange juice (preferably fresh)
- 44.37 ml honey
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml grated orange zest
- 7.39 ml chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1.62 ml ground allspice
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Use to marinate chicken breasts or pork tenderloin in the refrigerator overnight.
- Brush with marinade while cooking.
This is a keeper! Hum! :-) I added a bit of olive oil to this recipe and it's fabulous!
I really, REALLY liked this marinade. The baked chicken it produced was nicely sweet (and I don't usually like sweetened meat) and citrus-y. Very aromatic! I used fresh grated ginger because I didn't have any ground. I used freshly squeezed mandarine orange juice, which really made a difference, too, I feel. I think that the marinade could've been even better with the addition of some Tabasco sauce for a little bite.