Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
As requested a recipe for 2 servings. Originally submitted by Raymonde Bourgeios.
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil or 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- hot cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped salted cashews
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup orange juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper; add chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- In a skillet, cook chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender.
- Combine the honey, parsley and remaining orange juice, stir into skillet.
- Bring to boil.
- Return chicken to the pan.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Place chicken over rice.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cashews.