1/2 Photos of Orange Honey Carrots
I got this from my mother-in-law. It adds a nice tang to the carrots. I don't much like cooked carrots but this was fantastic. The carrots can either by julienned or cut into rounds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice carrots diagnolly.
- 2Place in a large frying pan or pot.
- 3Stir in orange juice, honey and shallots.
- 4Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- 5Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 min., then remove lid.
- 6Continue simmering, stirring frequently, until carrots are as tender as you like, and orange juice is reduced to a glaze, 15 to 25 minutes.
- 7Stir often as glaze thickens.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Honey Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 158.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g