Recipe by cyaos
I got this from my mother-in-law. It adds a nice tang to the carrots. I don't much like cooked carrots but this was fantastic. The carrots can either by julienned or cut into rounds.
Top Review by Sing4mysupper
I had a lot of left-over cooked carrots, so decided to try to dress them up. I fried an onion and added the other ingredients and cooked until I had a nice consistency, then threw in the left-over carrots to heat through. It was delicious. If I had made the carrots this way to start with, there would have been no left-overs!
By the way, I have cooked grated rutabaga this way for years, but hadn't tried this with carrots.
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice carrots diagnolly.
- Place in a large frying pan or pot.
- Stir in orange juice, honey and shallots.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 min., then remove lid.
- Continue simmering, stirring frequently, until carrots are as tender as you like, and orange juice is reduced to a glaze, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Stir often as glaze thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.