Recipe by Tarah T.
I took one of the Honeycake recipes (#28970) and modified it extensively to create these orange honey muffins. The amounts are approximate... I tend not to measure much when I cook.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange marmalade (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 8 ounces orange blossom honey (1/2 jar)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt (2%)
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (Saigon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat at 375 degrees F.
- Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Ginger, and Cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the Butter with the Marmalade in a separate large mixing bowl.
- Add the Orange Zest, Orange Blossom Honey, Greek yogurt, mix well.
- Add the eggs and beat in until well mixed.
- Slowly beat in the sugar.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir just until combined (a slightly lumpy batter is desired).
- Add mixture to muffin tins (with paper or greased) until about 2/3 full.
- Cook about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan, then on rack. (These store well bagged once cool).