Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 55 mins
A wonderful tea loaf to slice and have with tea or coffee. Try it plain or spread it with butter or cream cheese. The original version of this recipe was posted to an e-list called MC_recipes several years ago and was attributed to Johna Blinn who wrote food columns for newspapers and magazines as well as a number of cookbooks. I have upped the measure of orange rind a bit and I measure the grated orange rind generously by pressing it lightly into the measuring spoon. This bread is delicious as well as quite low in fat!
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cream butter; beat in honey until light and creamy. Add egg and orange rind; beat well.
- Mix in dry ingredients alternately with orange juice. Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased or parchment lined 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 F oven for about 55-65 minutes or until it tests done.
- Let bread stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack and cool thoroughly before slicing.