Recipe by internetnut
I found this recipe at Tops market courtesy of Eat Chicken.com. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 3 lbs chicken wings (12-14)
- 2 tablespoons seasoning (five spice powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Orange Hoisin Sauce
- 8 ounces hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 cups canola oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a gallon-size plastic bag with zip top closure, combine all ingredients for spice mix. Seal and shake well to blend.
- Make Orange Hoisin Sauce by combining in small saucepan over medium-high heat hoisin sauce, orange juice concentrate, sesame seed oil, rice vinegar and chili powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in zest and cilantro. Cover and set aside.
- In a deep saucepan or stockpot, add oil and heat to 350. While oil is heating, add chicken wings to plastic bag with spice mixture. Shake until all wings are coated. Remove wings from bag, place in pot and fry, in batches, for 6-8 minutes, or until skin is crispy.
- Remove wings from oil and place on paper towels to drain. After final batch of wings is cooked, place wings in large mixing bowl. Pour Orange Hoisin Sauce over wings; toss well to coat.