Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love rice, and I'm always on the lookout for different ways to make it. Here's one that's a good companion to tropical recipes or grilled chicken or seafood.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients except rice and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and stir well.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Made this for dinner tonight. It was very good and I like the fact that there is no sweetening ask for. I used jasmine rice and it made a lovely dish. I made a full batch and have tons leftover (YAY). This rice would be good with almost anything as it's not sweet but once you start you just want to keep eating it! Thanks Jeri.