Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These buttery cookies feature ground hazelnuts, orange zest and a fruity jam filling. They look very pretty and are sturdy enough for gift giving. I hope youll enjoy these as much as we do!
- 225 g flour
- 75 g sugar
- 50 g hazelnuts, ground
- 1 orange, zest only (please use an organic orange for this)
- 100 g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon applesauce (unsweetened)
- 16 teaspoons jam (I used forest fruit, but orange or apricot would be great, too)
- In a big bowl combine flour and sugar. Add hazelnuts and orange zest.
- Add buter and cut it in using your fingers until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add applesauce and knead into a smooth dough (it should be well workable).
- Take walnut sized portions of the dough and roll them into balls. Make an indentation into each ball using either your finger or a spoon handle.
- Fill each indentation with about 1/2 ts of jam.
- Bake cookies on a paper-lined baking sheet in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.