These buttery cookies feature ground hazelnuts, orange zest and a fruity jam filling. They look very pretty and are sturdy enough for gift giving. I hope youll enjoy these as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a big bowl combine flour and sugar. Add hazelnuts and orange zest.
- 2Add buter and cut it in using your fingers until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 3Add applesauce and knead into a smooth dough (it should be well workable).
- 4Take walnut sized portions of the dough and roll them into balls. Make an indentation into each ball using either your finger or a spoon handle.
- 5Fill each indentation with about 1/2 ts of jam.
- 6Bake cookies on a paper-lined baking sheet in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 7Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Hazelnut Thumbprints
Serving Size: 1 (707 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.6 mg
- Sodium 23.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g