Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
a favorite at my house
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup beet juice
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 16 ounces sliced beets, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper into a 1 quart pan, stir the beet liquid, vinegar and orange concentrate into sugar mixture.cover and cook 5-7 minutes or mixture is glossy and slightly thickened, stirring twice.
- Add sliced beets and heat till hot.
- Sprinkle orange rind over to before serving.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator.