Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Source: The American Diabetes Association's Flavorful Seasons Cookbook
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast fillet, skin attached
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl to make the herb mixture.
- Take each chicken breast and slip your fingers between the skin and flesh of the chicken, leaving the skin attached.
- Slide some of the herb mixture under the skin of each breast, pulling the skin back over each breast when finished.
- Prepare an outside grill with an oiled rack set 4 inches above the heat source.
- On a gas grill, set the heat to high.
- Mix together the orange juice, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side, turning once and basting with the orange juice mixture, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the skin before eating.
I used 2 chicken breast halves and cut the remaining ingredients in half. Quick and easy, and leftover sliced chicken made a very tasty sandwich for lunch the next day. Thank you Hannah.