Recipe by alijen
Easy and delicious breakfast granola, or for a snack. Top with fresh fruit and/or yogurt to complete the meal. I love to give this as a gift too in a jar with a pretty ribbon.
- 3 cups regular rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts or 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded orange rind
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flaked coconut or 1 cup flaked coconut
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the oats, wheat germ, and hazelnuts or almonds.
- In a small saucepan stir together the honey, orange peel and juice, and cinnamon.
- Heat just until boiling; remove from heat.
- Add honey mixture to oat mixture, tossing gently until coated.
- Coat a baking pan with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread oat mixture evenly in pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut to oat mixture and stir.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until light brown, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and immediately turn out onto a large piece of foil; cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving size is 1/2 cup.