Recipe by mollypaul
An icy refresher. Freezing time not included in preparation time. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel six of the oranges; slice and arrange in layers, sprinkling each layer with sugar.
- Set to the side for several hours.
- When sugar has dissolved, drain and press out all syrup.
- Add water and juice from remaining oranges.
- Strain and freeze until thinly slushy.
- Pour into chilled glasses and serve at once.