Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
An icy refresher. Freezing time not included in preparation time. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Peel six of the oranges; slice and arrange in layers, sprinkling each layer with sugar.
- Set to the side for several hours.
- When sugar has dissolved, drain and press out all syrup.
- Add water and juice from remaining oranges.
- Strain and freeze until thinly slushy.
- Pour into chilled glasses and serve at once.