An icy refresher. Freezing time not included in preparation time. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
- 1Peel six of the oranges; slice and arrange in layers, sprinkling each layer with sugar.
- 2Set to the side for several hours.
- 3When sugar has dissolved, drain and press out all syrup.
- 4Add water and juice from remaining oranges.
- 5Strain and freeze until thinly slushy.
- 6Pour into chilled glasses and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Granit
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 57.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g