Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Can be used as a dessert, snack cake or breakfast cake. The glaze is optional but very good. Moist and delicious. A huge favorite around here.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs (low fat okay)
- 1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup light butter, softened (stick form)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- zest of one orange (reserving 1 tsp. for glaze)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, softened light butter, applesauce, orange juice and the eggs. Beat until smooth about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the walnuts and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cake stand in pan for 20 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving plate and drizzle with glaze.
- Directions for glaze: Mix confectioners sugar, vanilla and 1 Tbls. of orange juice. Mix more orange juice until the glaze is smooth and thin enough to drizzle over cake. Stir in orange zest.