2 hrs 15 mins
Here is a great holiday side dish! Of course it can be made and enjoyed any time. My mom makes this. I prefer to mash the potatoes somewhat coursely or lumpy rather than as smoothly as typical mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Bake potatoes until very tender -- about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let cool, and reduce oven heat to 350.
- 2Scoop potatoes out of peels and mash until desired texture. Stir in remaining ingredients and place in casserole dish (9 X 9).
- 3Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake until done at 350 -- about 1/2 hours.
- 4Optional: stud with 9 pecan halves at even intervals before returning to oven, just to make it look pretty.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Glazed Sweet Potatoes With Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.9 mg
- Sodium 151.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g