Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 lbs fresh sugar snap peas (may use frozen if fresh are not available)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Steam peas for several minutes until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine orange juice, sugar, orange rind and cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add peas to orange juice mixture. Add butter and salt and pepper. Stir and heat until sauce thickens.
- Serve warm.
I needed something different to do with my snap peas other than plain ol' steamed, and this fit the bill! Very easy and tasty! I topped with sesame seeds for the photo, and they tasted great that way, would probably add them again!
This is a winner! I can see lots of options with this recipe. Next time I plan on adding some lemon pepper and maybe some ginger. But just as it is rates very high! I served it with pork chops off the grill. It would be excellent with rice and shrimp too. See what I mean? Lots of choices with this one! Thanx for sharing!
Tasty. My husband (who was raised on meat and potatoes and very few FLAVORS) loved them... which surprised me. So I will definately make it again. I didn't have a fresh orange so I couldn't use the rind and I think that is why the orange flavor wasn't very strong --- can't wait to try it with the rind.