Recipe by justcallmetoni
With the holidays coming, now is the time when I begin looking for delectable side-dishes. While there are many recipes for glazed carrots, this redition looks like one that everyone will enjoy but won't contribute to the holiday bulge. Found this in my Eating Well magazine and plnning to prepare it for Thanksgiving. A mandoline makes quick work of preparing the carrots. Even better, you can buy pre-shredded carrots in the market.
- 118.29 ml fresh squeezed orange juice
- 118.29 ml fat free chicken broth
- 4.92 ml honey (if you like your sides on the sweeter side) (optional)
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 680.38 g carrots, julienned or 2 (566.99 g) bagshredded carrots or 2 (566.99 g) bagjulienne-cut carrots
- 4.92 ml butter
- 1.23 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk orange juice, broth, honey (if using) and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir the juice mixture and add to the carrots . Cover and continue cooking, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes. Add butter and continue to cook until the butter melts and the carrots are tender, 2-3 minutes. (Note the if you are usng shredded carrots, your cooking time will be shorter.).