Recipe by Brazilianflavor in Atlanta, GA
One of my new inventions this dish is awesome! I invented on New Years Day that I was spending at Lake Norman, NC. with my boyfriend then I wanted to surprise him and make something different for dinner so I came up with the idea of making scallops. This orange glaze pairs up so well with scallops. So easy to make yet delicious. You must try!!!
Top Review by bonita494
This is a very delicious recipe, but too much salt for me. I have high blood pressure so have to watch it when it comes to salt. To cut down I used unsalted butter and "No Salt" for the salt. I had some very huge scallops so I cut them in half so they were more bite size. But the over all flavor of this dish was so wonderful I'd recommend it to all my friends.
- 12 jumbo sea scallops
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pan add the 3 Tbsp of butter, orange juice, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and minced garlic then bring to boil for 2 minutes then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Sit aside.
- Wash and gently dry the scallops then season with the rest of the salt and pepper.
- In a hot frying pan add the olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter to melt then add the scallops let it cook for about 3-4 minutes each side then add the orange glaze then flip one more time.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or fresh steamed veggies.