MARIA MAC *'s Note:
A very nice way to make salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2-3 cups thinly sliced sweet onions, such as Vidalia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed (1 inch thick)
- 1Heat oven to 425°F Spray 11x7-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook onions and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt 3 to 4 minutes or until onions begin to turn golden brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, combine orange juice, vinegar, orange peel and rosemary in small bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons for glaze. Add remaining mixture to onions; cook, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Whisk mustard and honey into reserved glaze.
- 4Spread onion mixture in baking dish; top with salmon. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; spoon reserved glaze over salmon. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon just begins to flake. Serve salmon topped with onion mixture.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Glazed Salmon With Caramelized Sweet Onions
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.0
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 535.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 64.6 g