Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very nice way to make salmon.
Make and share this Orange-Glazed Salmon With Caramelized Sweet Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups thinly sliced sweet onions, such as Vidalia
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed (1 inch thick)
- Heat oven to 425°F Spray 11x7-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook onions and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt 3 to 4 minutes or until onions begin to turn golden brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, vinegar, orange peel and rosemary in small bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons for glaze. Add remaining mixture to onions; cook, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Whisk mustard and honey into reserved glaze.
- Spread onion mixture in baking dish; top with salmon. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; spoon reserved glaze over salmon. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon just begins to flake. Serve salmon topped with onion mixture.