Recipe by LoriInIndiana
Posting for ZWT 2, this is said to be spicy sweet, moist, and gorgeous. We'll find out. Classified as New England for Salmon or South for the cajun spices.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
Our favorite salmon recipe to date! We enjoy making it for company, since it turns out so consistently. The orange marmalade mixes perfectly with the spices. Great over a salad, too. Thanks Lori, for posting such a fabulous recipe! Roxygirl
- 3 tablespoons cajun spices
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 cup seville orange marmalade (**If you don't have Seville marmalade, use sweet orange maramalade and DOUBLE the lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- lime wedge, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Check salmon for pin bones and remove.
- Combine cajun spices, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Rub over all surfaces of fillets.
- Saute fillet in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn and saute an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Blend marmalade and lime juice; swirl in pan until melted.
- Carefully turn fish to glaze on all sides.
- Fish is done when it begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- Serve with lime wedges.