Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 148 calories, 4.6 g fat, 22.7 g protein, 1.3 g carb, 0.1 g fiber, 59 mg cholesterol.
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets (each fillet should weigh 4 ounces and be 1-inch thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; place skillet over high heat until hot.
- Add fish and cook, uncovered, 3 minutes on each side.
- Cover and cook 3 more minutes or until fish flakes easily; remove fillets from skillet and keep warm.
- Add soy sauce and orange juice to skillet; cook over high heat for 1 minute, stirring to deglaze the pan.
- Add in oil; stir well.
- Pour sauce over fish and serve immediately.
A wonderful and simple recipe that is healthy and quick. For a slightly more well done piece of salmon, or if you salmon steak is thick, do another turn of three minutes on the skin side to cook it all the way through.