Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Orange-glazed Roasted Salmon and Fennel
- 2 -3 navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large bulbs fennel
- 1 large salmon fillet (2 to 2 1/2 pounds)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Coat a 16 x 10-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Grate 1 tablespoon orange zest. Squeeze oranges to get 1/2 cup juice. In a small bowl whisk the zest, juice, oil, and salt.
- Trim the fennel. Mince about 2 tablespoons of the feathery leaves; set aside. (The remaining leaves may be reserved for salads or other recipes.) Cut bulbs lengthwise into quarters. Cut out and discard the cores. Cut the fennel into thick slices.
- Place the fennel in the baking pan. Drizzle with half of the juice mixture. Toss to coat. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until lightly browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Clear a space in the center and lay the salmon diagonally in the pan, skin side down. Drizzle with the remaining juice mixture. Spread to coat the fish.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes, or until the salmon is opaque in the center.