Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not fond of fish, but this I like!! (Any mild whitefish can also be used.)
- 4 red snapper fillets, 1 pound
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade, can sub apricot if desired
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Place filets on an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Broil 4-6" from heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Combine marmalade, butter and mustard; spoon over filets.
- Broil 3-4 minutes longer or til fish flakes easily with a fork. *Do not turn!
- 4 servings.
I really liked this recipe. However my husband did not. Oh well! Four points it is.
Simply delicious. You donÄ't need much to create a wonderful flavoured red snapper. Take orange marmelade and combine it with dijon mustard and butter to enhance the different flavours, glaze a snapper with it and you have a heavenly fish recipe. This is so easy to make, that you can't go wrong. The delicate taste of the red snapper is so well completed by the bitter-sweet falvors of the orange marmelade and the spicy-sour flavours of the mustard. The only thing you have to do: get the best ingredients you can get. The fish really needs no longer than the time given, mine was done in an even shorter time. Do not overcook the fish. This fish recipe is great. I served it with basmati rice and a dry white wine. Thanks for sharing this keeper.