Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This cake is so good you don't need a special occasion or holiday to have it. It's easy to make and tastes so good. Treat yourself and your family to one today!
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco or 3⁄4 cup regular Crisco
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 10-inch bundt pan.
- For cake: beat sugar and Crisco till fluffy.
- Mix in pumpkin,eggs and water.
- Combine remaining cake ingredients; mix well.
- Gradually add to pumpkin mixture, mixing well.
- Spread into pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- For glaze: Mix all ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake.