Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband normally hates pork, but tonight the sample lady at our local Safeway was giving out pork steak, and he loved it enough that it became dinner....
- 2 pork steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Put all ingredients in a medium sized freezer bag. Shake well. Let sit in the refrigerator at least 1/2 hour.
- Preheat a pan on the stove (I recommend cast-iron) on medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat to set the steaks in the pan.
- Pour the marinade over top of the steaks.
- Return the pan to the heat, flipping the steaks several times (every 3 minutes or so)until the marinade has cooked off and the steaks have browned (about 10-15 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy! Can be doubled in a large enough pan.
I love love love this recipe! My husband is not a huge pork fan, so we make it with 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts. I love the fact that I always have the ingredients on hand, and that it only has to marinade for 1/2 an hour. I can throw this together any night I didn't have something else planned, and it doesn't take forver. Thanks for a super recipe!!!
This was my first attempt at pork (yeah, I'm a newbie chef) and this turned out brilliantly. I doubled the recipe so I could have leftovers and I'm glad I did. I think next time I'll let the pork marinade longer - the basil taste came out but I couldn't taste the orange as much as I wanted. This was incredibly juicy though.
wow - this recipe is delicious! i ate one steak and left the other one overnight to eat the next day, it was even juicier! highly recommended.