Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a delicious way to fix pork roast. Sometimes I make it without the glaze and it is still great. One of out family favorites.
- 5 lbs boneless pork loin roast, rolled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Combine the salt, garlic, thyme, ginger and pepper; rub over the entire roast. Place roast with fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the remaining glaze ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Brush some of the glaze over roast.
- Bake 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160*, brushing occasionally with glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing; serve with remaining glaze.
This was delicioces. Yummy pork recipe! Thaks for sharing will make again
Yummy pork recipe! I used orange-pineapple juice for the glaze, and it was great. We enjoyed the herb flavors with the sweetness of the glaze. My roast was done in only about 2 1/2 hours. Thanx for sharing; I'll make this again.