- 8 -10 medium parsnips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel parsnips.
- Cut parsnips into sticks about 1/4 inch thick.
- Put in slow cooker and cover with water.
- Add salt.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 4 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in honey, seasoned salt, orange juice, and orange peel.
- Heat to boiling.
- Drain parsnips and put into a serving dish.
- Pour glaze over top and keep warm till ready to serve.