1/1 Photo of Orange-Glazed Flank Steak
Kitchen Witch Steph's Note:
My friend call this her "go to" recipe for entertaining for good reason. You prepare the marinade the night before and the glaze early on the day before you serve it. Leaves you with a great meal and time to mingle. Cut the recipe in half and use only one 2 lb. steak or two 1 pound steaks. Other steak cuts work well, too. I serve this with either Spicy Asian Coleslaw or Sesame Snap Peas With Carrots and Peppers. From Gourmet Magazine via the food network site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, preferably Kikkoman
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (2 lb) beef flank steaks, marinated in marinade overnight
- 1To make the marinade, combine all the ingredients in a shallow 14-inch glass baking dish and stir until the honey is dissolved.
- 2Add the flank steaks and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Bring the steaks to room temperature.
- 4Prepare coals for grilling or preheat the broiler.
- 5Drain the steaks, reserving the marinade.
- 6Place the marinade in a large skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Continue boiling until the liquid is syrupy and mahogany-colored, about 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from the heat and let cool. (There should be about 1 cup of glaze.).
- 8Brush the glaze on both sides of the steaks.
- 9Grill or broil the steaks 4 inches from the heat until nicely glazed, about 5 minutes.
- 10Turn and grill or broil 5 minutes longer for medium-rare steaks.
- 11Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- 12Transfer the steaks to a cutting board. If you broiled the steaks, reserve any pan drippings.
- 13Holding a sharp knife at a 45-degree angle, cut the steaks across the grain into thin slices.
- 14Transfer the meat to a warmed platter, top with the pan drippings, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Glazed Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.4
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 205.6 mg
- Sodium 842.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 65.8 g