Recipe by zeldaz51
From The Complete Diabetes Prevention Program.Use 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root instead of dried, if you have it.
- 4 five-ounce orange roughy fillets (or cod, or just about any white-fleshed fish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sugar orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the fillets and pat dry. Season with pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fillets and cook about s minutes on each side, depending upon thickness, until the fish is nicely browned and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the glaze ingredients to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until it is reduced by half. Drizzle the sauce over the fillets and garnish with scallions. Serve hot.