Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is a wonderful way to cook country style ribs. The end result is a slightly sticky, somewhat sweet tasty rib dish
- 2 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs
- 2 slices onions, separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Spray a 3 or 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray; place ribs, onions and garlic in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, remove ribs from slow cooker; place on serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- In 2 cup microwave safe measuring cup, combine all sauce ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in 3/4 cup juices from slow cooker; discard remaining juices.
- Microwave sauce on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Pour sauce over ribs. To make them a bit sticky, I do it one of two ways depending on time. You can either drain all the grease from the crock pot and add the ribs and the sauce back to it, then cook on high uncovered for about another hour or if pressed for time, you can transfer the sauce covered ribs to a shallow baking pan and caramelize under the broiler, basting frequently.
- (I can personally think of all sorts of things I might try adding to this, but until I have tried them out, I will wait to post them lol. Let me know how it turns out!).