Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
From the freezer to yummy dinner. I add the red pepper flakes, but original recipes doesn't call for it. This recipe is for 3 chickens and can all be frozen for your future meal planning
- 3 (2 1/2 lb) broiler chickens, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 cups French dressing
- 21 ounces ginger ale
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Marinate the chicken in the french dressing for at least 1 hour.
- Brown chickens under the broiler.
- Heat together the ginger ale, orange juice and cornstarch.
- Using this as a glaze, pour over chicken.
- To serve: Defrost and bake chicken at 300 for 1 1/2 hours, basting with the glaze.
I am always on the lookout for OAMC recipes. This was well-liked in my house. I cooked mine for one hour at 350, basting frequently. Very good. Thanks.
It is always a challenge to find a meat dish that my oldest duaghter will eat without complaint and this recipe was a winner for her. She even had three helpings! I left out the red pepper flakes but made everything else as directed. Unfortunately, the rest of the family didn't really care for the flavour of the glaze. Oh well, you can't please everyone!
Not the best orange-glazed chicken, the flavor could be better. The glaze was quite runny, I added extra cornstarch to it to thicken it nicely. We also used boneless skinless chicken breasts and just poured the glaze on before baking, which worked nicely.