Recipe by Bec
Hi! I posted this recipe without trying it first, and I wish I had tried it because it just seems to be a bad recipe (It's 2 reviews so far). I strongly recommend you not try this, as I don't want you to be disappointed. Since I am at college right now, I cannot try it myself and see what I can change to make it better. I can imagine the cooking time is too long- perhaps it is calling for 3 very large chicken breasts, which could make a difference. But still, I'd appreciate it if you not try this! Thanks!
Top Review by RSL
I got this same recipe from a friend who said she and her husband loved it. I tried it because she gave it such high compliments. It was absolutely awful - neither my husband nor I could eat more than a bite. This is far too long to cook chicken in the crockpot, and I for one didn't need to thicken the sauce at all - it was already like a paste and it tasted very burned. I don't know if this would be okay cooked for 1/2 an hour in the oven rather than in the crockpot all day or not - and I'm not inclined to find out...it was just that bad.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice, undiluted
- 3 whole skinless chicken breasts, split
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice and marjoram in shallow dish.
- Dip each breast in orange juice to coat and place in crock pot.
- Pour remaining sauce over breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving, remove chicken from crock pot.
- Mix water and cornstarch and add to orange juice.
- Heat until thick and bubbly- Serve over chicken.